- 28 Feb@QldMusicAwards
- 28 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @BOQ: Have your say on the 2017 #BOQ People's Choice @QldMusicAwards - voting is now open! https://t.co/zEXVzsF1TZRetweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 28 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @scenestr: Public voting now open for this year's Queensland Music Awards @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork @Bris_Powerhouse - https://t.co…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 27 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @NatIndigTimes: This Mackay girl is going places ... fast! @daily_mercury @couriermail @QldMusicAwards https://t.co/7J7DDcyib8Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 22 Feb@QldMusicAwards
- 14 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @selectmusic: The @QldMusicAwards noms are in! Congrats to @waaxband, @confidencemanTM, @thisismoreton, @robbiemillerrr, @MorningHarvey…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 14 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @triplej: .@triplejunearthd 'One To Watch' @tiagostelow could sweep this year's @QldMusicAwards ? https://t.co/hb9oq3aVcF https://t.co/…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 13 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @scenestr: Congrats to all of the finalists of the 2017 @QldMusicAwards @Bris_Powerhouse #QLDMusicAwards #music #qld - https://t.co/RGHr…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 13 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @blank_gc: Gold Coast artists feature in finalist announcement for @QldMusicAwards https://t.co/UN63LAjrKh #gcmusic #creativegoldRetweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 24 Jan@QldMusicAwardsRT @jackbridges: I'm representing @Beatport as a judge in the electronic/dance @QldMusicAwards. Heard some great music so far! https://t.co…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
Terms and Conditions
Official Terms & Conditions
1. The Queensland Music Awards are open to all artists who are residents of Queensland.
2. Songs must be the original work of the entrant and not infringe on any copyrights. Entries must not compromise QMusic's obligations to its principal sponsors for the event.
3. Genre Categories that can be entered are:
- Blues / Roots
- Urban – this category is for hip-hop, R&B, beatbox and rap
- World – any song considerably influenced by traditional music of any culture
- Electronic / Dance
- Folk / Singer Songwriter
- Schools (grades 6 - 12)
For physical entries: Please do NOT combine the above categories as one category (e.g: Pop/World) on your entry form.
4. Instrumental music may be entered into all categories but must be clearly indicated by writing “Instrumental” in the lyrics text box in the case of the online entry form or in brackets after the song title in the case of physical entries. Do NOT choose “Instrumental” as a category.
5. Additional Categories: if applicable, your song/s will be automatically entered into these categories as a BONUS entry.
- The Indigenous Category is open to the artists who have identified themselves as Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander songwriters during the entry process. All Indigenous entries will be automatically entered into this category as a BONUS entry.
For physical entries: DO NOT select Indigenous as a Category on the entry form. If you have ticked the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander box we will automatically add it into this category.
b) The Regional Category is open to all songwriters outside of Brisbane. All regional songwriters will automatically be entered into this category as a BONUS entry. Please ensure you provide your postcode so we can enter you into this category if you qualify.
For physical entries: DO NOT select Regional as a category on your entry form.
6. Video Category - the song for which the clip has been made must be attributed to no less than 50% to Queensland songwriter(s). However, the entered music video is not required to have been produced by a Queensland filmmaker. The cost for entering a Video in to the QMA's is: $11 for QMusic members and $22 for non-members.
7. The Grant McLennan Lifetime Achievement Award.
Nominations will be taken from a panel of music industry professionals. Nominees will come from across the full spectrum of the Queensland music industry.
8. The Song of the Year Award
The Song of the Year is selected from the finalists of each genre category by the judging panel.
9. The Album of The Year Award
This category will be nominated by music industry professionals. Full length albums released between November 2015 and November 2016 are eligible for this category.
QMusic obtains lists from both major and independent labels of releases by Queensland artists during that period for consideration. If you have self–released an album during that timeframe that you think we might not be aware of please email us the album title/artist name and release date and a link to listen to the album to email@example.com. DEADLINE for receipt of nominations: Midnight on Sunday 4 December 2016.
11. Export Achievement Award
This category will be independently judged and awarded by Sounds Australia. Sounds Australia is Australia’s export music market development initiative, established to provide a cohesive and strategic platform to assist the Australian music industry access international business opportunities.
The winner of this award will be deemed to be the Queensland artist(s) with the most significant achievements in international deals/sales for music sync, touring, showcasing, licensing, publishing, digital or physical between November 2015 and November 2016.
QMusic obtains lists from both major and independent labels and Queensland artists during the judging period for consideration. If you have exported during the timeframe and you think QMusic or Sounds Australia might not be aware of your activities, please email the details of your export achievements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Highest Selling Album and Highest Selling Single
The Highest Selling categories recognise the commercial success of Queensland artists, including those now based overseas. The album and song with the highest number of combined physical and digital sales will be judged the winner of these categories. The Album and Single must have been released between November 2015 and November 2016.
For songs and albums to be eligible in these categories, their songwriters must have been residents of Queensland at some point during the last 5 years, and have started the development of their career in Queensland. However, they do not have to currently be residents of Queensland.
These songwriters must also have co-written at least 50% of the song or album.
13. HOW TO ENTER
For online entries go to Entry Form on the website.
For physical entries that will be posted in:
Print and complete an Official Entry Form:
- Each song must be submitted with its lyrics (unless instrumental) typed or printed legibly in English on loose A4 paper. Please do not bind in to a folder or use staples
- Songs sung in languages other than English must have an English translation
- Ensure all songwriters of each song entered are clearly listed on the official entry form
- All CDs must be labelled clearly with contact name and song title/s
- Song/s must be in MP3 format
- All songs entered in to the competition may be submitted on one audio CD rather that on separate CDs but the track listing MUST be clearly stated on the CD
- An individual song may be entered into multiple categories but it will incur an entry fee for each category. Please list each category individually on the entry form
- Payment must be made at the time of entering and is non-refundable
- If you are paying by cheque or money order please make payable to “QMusic”. Please do NOT make out to “Queensland Music Awards”
- QMusic holds no responsibility for entries that are late, lost, misdirected or mailed with insufficient postage. Nor is it responsible in any way for entries that are stolen or misappropriated
- Entries must be sent to the address listed on the entry form
- Recordings and lyrics will not be returned.
Cost of Entry
QMusic Adult Members
The above prices include GST
14. The closing date for entries is:
- Online entries: Midnight Sunday 4 December, 2016
- Physical/postal entries: must be postmarked Friday 2 December, 2016
The judging panel is made up of a diverse range of music industry professionals from across Australia. The QMusic staff and management committee have no involvement in the nomination or judging process for any of the awards.
16. All category winners agree to have their winning entry included on various websites. The Queensland Music Awards creates huge promotional opportunities for finalists and winners. QMusic will notify you of these opportunities as they arise. All category winners agree to grant QMusic the non-exclusive right, free of charge, to make entered songs available for streaming, together with winner’s name and approved images, by members of the public on a non-commercial basis for the purpose of promoting QMusic and the Queensland Music Awards event.
If you agree to have your song/s available for streaming by ticking the Yes box, your song/s may be chosen randomly to be added to a music player on the Queensland Music Awards website. Your song/s will NOT be available for download.
17. Four finalists will be chosen in each category. The finalists will be notified via email in mid to late February.
All finalists will be asked to provide a photo and bio for promotional use and will be considered for media opportunities relating to the event. Finalists will receive ONE complimentary ticket per entry to the awards night. Additional tickets will be made available to finalists at a discounted rate.
18. The Queensland Music Awards are a songwriting competition. Therefore, the songwriters will be credited as the finalists/winners. In the case of all members of a band being the songwriters, the band name will be credited as the finalists/winners. Please list all songwriters accurately and in full.
19. Winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony in March 2017 in Brisbane.
20. The package of promotional activities that will be undertaken on behalf of the winning artists will include, but not be limited to:
- Presentation of an Award trophy at the annual Queensland Music Awards
- Profiling on the Queensland Music Awards website
21. QMusic staff and Management Committee are NOT eligible to enter the Competition.
22. Winning songs from previous years are NOT eligible to be re-entered.
23. In the case of online entries, by accepting the Terms and Conditions during the entry process, the entrant agrees to accept the rules and conditions.
24. In the case of physical entries, by signing the official Queensland Music Awards entry form, the entrant agrees to accept the rules and conditions.
All further enquiries contact QMusic:
Phone: (07) 3257 0013 or email email@example.com