- 28 Feb@QldMusicAwards
- 28 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @BOQ: Have your say on the 2017 #BOQ People's Choice @QldMusicAwards - voting is now open! https://t.co/zEXVzsF1TZRetweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 28 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @scenestr: Public voting now open for this year's Queensland Music Awards @QldMusicAwards @QMusicNetwork @Bris_Powerhouse - https://t.co…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 27 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @NatIndigTimes: This Mackay girl is going places ... fast! @daily_mercury @couriermail @QldMusicAwards https://t.co/7J7DDcyib8Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 22 Feb@QldMusicAwards
- 14 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @selectmusic: The @QldMusicAwards noms are in! Congrats to @waaxband, @confidencemanTM, @thisismoreton, @robbiemillerrr, @MorningHarvey…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 14 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @triplej: .@triplejunearthd 'One To Watch' @tiagostelow could sweep this year's @QldMusicAwards ? https://t.co/hb9oq3aVcF https://t.co/…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 13 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @scenestr: Congrats to all of the finalists of the 2017 @QldMusicAwards @Bris_Powerhouse #QLDMusicAwards #music #qld - https://t.co/RGHr…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 13 Feb@QldMusicAwardsRT @blank_gc: Gold Coast artists feature in finalist announcement for @QldMusicAwards https://t.co/UN63LAjrKh #gcmusic #creativegoldRetweeted by QldMusicAwards
- 24 Jan@QldMusicAwardsRT @jackbridges: I'm representing @Beatport as a judge in the electronic/dance @QldMusicAwards. Heard some great music so far! https://t.co…Retweeted by QldMusicAwards
1. I don't live in Queensland. Can I enter the Queensland Music Awards?
No - only artists residing in Queensland are eligible to enter.
2. How many songs can I enter?
You can enter as many songs as you like. One song per entry form.
3. Can I enter the same song in different categories?
Yes. An individual song may be entered into multiple categories but it will incur an entry fee for each category.
4. What are the categories that I can enter my songs in to?
- Blues / Roots
- Urban – e.g. Hip-Hop, R&B, Beatbox and Rap
- World – any song considerably influenced by traditional music of any culture
- Electronic / Dance
- Folk / Singer Songwriter
- Schools (grades 6 - 12)
For physical entries: Please do NOT combine the above categories as one category (e.g.: Pop/World)
5. I don’t know which category best suits my song. Can you choose for me?
No, we can’t help you make that decision so please choose your category carefully.
6. I want to enter songs I have written in to the Queensland Music Awards but I can't sing. Can I get someone else to sing/perform them?
Yes, you can.
7. Is there an age limit?
No, there is no age limit except for the school category which is Grades 6 – 12.
8. Can I enter lyrics only?
No. We currently do not have a lyrics only category.
9. I've co-written a song with a songwriter who is not based in Queensland. Can I enter this track?
You may enter a track that is co-written by a songwriter not based in Queensland, on the condition that the song writing can be attributed to not less than 50% to the Queensland songwriter/s. In the case of a Video entry, the filmmaker does not have to be Queensland based.
10. Who judges the songs?
A panel of national music industry professionals assesses the entries according to categories. The decision of the judging panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into. QMusic management committee and staff play no role in song/songwriter nomination or the selection of winners in any category.
11. How are the songs judged?
The songs in the genre categories are NOT judged on production values. Each song is judged on innovation, lyrical content, song architecture, expression and musicianship.
12. How are the highest selling awards judged?
The highest-selling single and highest-selling album categories are designed to celebrate the commercial success of Queenslanders in Australia and overseas. These are the only two categories that non-residents are eligible for, however they are based on sales and therefore nominations are not invited.
13. Why do I have to pay an entry fee?
QMusic is a not-for-profit organization and we are not funded by government to stage this event. We rely on sponsorship and entry fees to allow us to run the Queensland Music Awards and grow it each year to give recognition to our best songwriters. Your entry fee contributes to the whole process.
14. How much does it cost to enter the Queensland Music Awards?
QMusic Adult Member
The above prices include GST.
15. How can I join QMusic so that I pay less to enter the Queensland Music Awards?
It's easy. You can join on line through the QMusic website
16. When is the closing date?
For online entries the closing date is midnight Sunday 4 December 2016. For physical entries, the deadline is entries postmarked Friday 2 December 2016.
17. Will I get my entry returned at the end of the competition (for physical entries)?
18. Can I enter instrumental songs?
Yes, you can enter instrumental songs in all categories. In the case of physical entries please make this clear on your entry form but please don't write Instrumental as the Category.
19. Can I get feedback on my song?
QMusic is currently not able to offer a feedback service for The Queensland Music Awards.
20. How many finalists will be chosen in each category?
There are four finalists in each category.
21. How do I get considered for Album of the Year?
This category will be nominated by music industry professionals. Full length albums released between November 2015 and November 2016 are eligible for this category. QMusic obtains lists from both major and independent labels of releases by Queensland artists during that period for consideration. If you have self–released an album during that timeframe that you think we might not be aware of please email us the album title/artist name and release date and a link to listen to the album to firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE for receipt of nominations: Midnight on Sunday 4 December 2016.
The Album of the Year is judged on production and songwriting.
22. How do I get considered for Song of the Year?
Winners of the genre categories will be eligible for Song of the Year. A panel of music industry professionals will decide a winner, using the same criteria used to judge the genre categories.
23. When are the finalists notified?
All finalists will be notified via email mid to late February. They will be asked to provide a photo and bio for promotional use and will be considered for media opportunities relating to the event.
24. When will the finalists be announced?
Finalists will be announced in late February 2017 on the Queensland Music Awards website.
25. When are the winners announced?
At the Queensland Music Awards night in March 2017.
26. How can I attend the Awards Night?
Tickets will be available for purchase through the Queensland Music Awards website in February 2017 when the finalists are announced.
27. How many tickets to the Awards Night can I get if my song is in the top four of its category?
ONE free ticket is allocated per song/per category. In the case of multiple songwriters, additional discounted tickets will be made available.
28. What do I get if I win?
A package of promotional activities that will be undertaken on behalf of the winning artists which will include, but not be limited to:
- Presentation of an Award trophy at the annual Queensland Music Awards
- Profiling on the Queensland Music Awards website